Amazon Relay has something for everybody. The great thing about Relay Load Board is I can search for a load quickly, originating anywhere in the US. Blocks are also available on Relay Load Board so I can get a round trip and not have to look for back-hauls.Dwight Fairchild, Commercial Freight Services, Inc.
Fleet owners and owner-operators can access loads at no cost and enjoy special discounts, rewards, and quick payments all through Amazon Relay.
How does Amazon value safety?
Safety for your drivers, Amazon employees, and the public is a deeply held value at Amazon. We empower you to determine when conditions are unsafe. We require you to follow safety standards and regulations on the road, behind the wheel, in the yard, or in an Amazon facility. We expect you to report all unsafe acts, conditions, and incidents immediately to Amazon management. There is nothing more valued than your safety and the safety of others.
What are the requirements to carry loads for Amazon?
In order to join Amazon’s freight network, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A DOT number, with interstate authority and that has been active for a minimum of 180 days, and a valid MC number
- A “Carrier” entity type that is Authorized for Property and for Hire
- A Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Safety Rating of “Satisfactory,” “None,” or “Not Rated”
- Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASIC) scores:
- Unsafe Driving below 60%
- HOS Compliance below 60%
- Vehicle Maintenance below 75%
- Controlled Substances/Alcohol below 75%
- Driver Fitness below 75%
- All required insurance policies including:
- Commercial General Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate
- Auto Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, including a trailer replacement coverage of $50,000
- Cargo coverage of at least $100,000
- Workers’ compensation insurance in all jurisdictions where your company operates
- Employer liability not less than $100,000 per occurrence
When can I start moving loads?
Once we receive your completed application, your application will be approved or rejected within 2-4 business days. Delays, if any, will be due to validation of insurance information. Amazon urges you to have all data ready prior to applying and reach out to your insurance provider in the event of any delays. Once approved, you will immediately be able to book loads from our load board. You will also be able to access Amazon Relay Portal FAQs and operating guides for existing carriers that will provide useful information on how to operate successfully within our network.
What are the service level expectations?
Amazon requires that carriers ensure the highest level of safety and performance, including:
- Compliance with safety, DOT and insurance requirements.
- On-time delivery to delight our customer promise.
- Consistent tender acceptance.
- Execute loads using Amazon Relay technology.
You can view our complete performance expectations in the Amazon Relay Carrier Terms of Service when you onboard.
When will I get paid for completed loads?
Payment cycle runs weekly from Sunday-Saturday. Everything completed before 23:59 Saturday will be paid out the following week on Friday.